The history of Niemonds Independent Church, dates to the late 1700's, but the earliest regularly recorded items come from August 15, 1811. A building to honor God was erected along Lauver Valley Road, Richfield. The church building was completed and dedicated on October 11, 1811 and was used until 1896. In 1896, it was decided that due to growth, a new building was needed: the building which still stands. Throughout the years, various improvements have been made to that existing building.